[Coldstuff] Frobbery

xmath xmath@nubz.org
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:49:13 +0100

I just got involved with Cold so let my begin by saying Hi all! :-)

>Frobs in general are useful, just not as VR objects.

Sounds like waifs might be more suitable for this purpose. A waif
behaves much more like a normal object and won't require special
handling, yet at the same it has the benefits of a frob (in this
context).

A waif is kinda like an object, except: 1. it has exactly one parent,
its "class"  2. it only has vars, no methods  3. it has no obj# or
name  4. it's automatically destroyed when the last reference is gone

I'm currently working on a patch for waif-support in Genesis

  - xmath