[Coldstuff] ColdRPC draft

xmath xmath@nubz.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 00:24:42 +0100

Brandon,

you asked for docs on the rpc protocol I'm designing..
here is the first draft:

http://www.nubz.org/coldrpc.txt

notes:
1. it's a first draft, the specs are still a bit messy (the protocol isn't)
2. a large part of ColdRPC rests in standard defined methods (on $rpc
and elsewhere) which will handle things like authentication,
negotiation of features, etc etc. This isn't yet documented in any
way, the draft contains just the "transport layer" basically.
3. although it speaks of "client" and "server", it's equally well
suitable for server-to-server, where the "client" is just the server
which connects to the other server. The only relevant difference is
the site-numbering of objects.

  - xmath

PS I'm CCing this to the coldstuff list because other people may be
interested too, feedback welcome :)