[Coldstuff] [coldcore] @settings

Jon A. Lambert coldstuff@cold.org
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:15:04 -0400

In ColdCore, what's the philosophy behind @settings?
Is it just to provide a consistent "manageable" public interface to
user definable settings?  Or is there some performance/size benefit
to using dictionaries as opposed to global vars?

And some more questions...

Is there any easy way to take documents embedded with oodles of
HTML and have it format correctly (that is word wrap intelligently)
on both a plain text terminal and a browser-type interface?

What's the ColdC idiom for doing substitutions/translations
on text?  strsed() or simply iterating through strings using a
state machine and dictionary?   Is there a translation method
already done in the core that takes a dictionary and a string
and builds a translated string?

--
--* Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD        Email:jlsysinc@ix.netcom.com *--
--* Mud Server Developer's Page <http://tychomud.home.netcom.com> *--