Hi all!

I have recently decided to dump my own mud server design in favour of the already proven and kick ass Cold system. I have been looking at ColdCore and have noticed it has lots of things that I need, and lots that I don't. MinimalCore is just, well, too minimal :). So I will ask some questions about ColdCore that will hopefully help me turn ColdCore into my own MUD. Here goes.

1) Why is there an @ in front of many (all?) commands.
2) If I were to remove all those dang @'s would I run into trouble?
3) What are the dangers in removing the SMTP code from ColdCore, I really don't need an SMTP server, (actually I may even remove the HTTP side of things as well, though support for pueblo I would keep).
4) There is a Character object, what is the use? I am making a Combat MUD, so I will rather roll Character (what is relevent) into $player.
5) Are there tutorials or documentation on how to add commands (sets?)?
6) I want to redo the way the login procedure works, for instance I would rather have a seperate user name/password prompt. Also I would enter character generation for new characters.

I think thats enough questions for now :).

--
Elis