I've been playing with .match_environment for the last few days trying to
figure out the 'best' way to keep people from having 'long fingers' - i.e.
being able to use any remote command on any object they want regardless of
relative locations. As a first step I've restricted the checks for '$', '#',
and '~' at the beginning of the argument to $admins and $programmers. This
gets rid of the majority of the problem. However, context matches are still
an issue. For example, if someone does a 'look taran' while I'm in the room,
then I @teleport away, as long as they don't reference another object they
can keep doing 'look .' to their hearts content. The obvious answer is to
restrict this ability, along with 'look him/her/it' and such. I would like
to avoid this, however. Any suggestions on how to do this would be welcome.
The nearest thing to a solution I've come up with is doing a .environment
call in $user.match_environment in addition to the one done in $foundation.
match_environment, but this seems like a bit of a kludge.