On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 02:20:34PM -0700, Vampyr Twilight wrote:

> 	I'm having a problem getting the genesis driver to "fireup" ..
> The driver initalizes, then it just Seg faults right off.  Here's the
> command line I'm running:
>
> minna:/home/vampyr/mud/cold# ./genesis -f -db lib/binary -dr
> /home/vampyr/mud/cold -dx lib/dbbin/ -ld lib/logs/db.log -lg
> lib/logs/driver.log -lp lib/logs/genesis.run -n minna -u vampyr -g vamp -p
> 207.91.188.122:1138
> prebound 207.91.188.122:1138
> Segmentation fault
>
> 	The driver seems to compile beautifully, as well as the coldcore
> when processed with coldcc from the same build.  I'm compiling on a
> Linux-Slackware4.0-i586 platform.  I've tried using the system mallock as
> well as the phk mallock.  Tried with our without system crypt.  The only
> thing that seems to missing is "dnsserv" .. but since it wasn't included
> with the stable distribution, I don't think it realivant to this issue.

dnsserv isn't relevant.

Is anything contained in driver.log?

I would recommend leaving out one argument at a time until it does
work, then let me know which argument (or combination of arguments) is
causing the problem.  Also verify that everything is valid--all
directories exist and have write permissions to them.  Same with the
usernames.  BTW,  you could probably leave the hostname definition out
(-n).  It only exists for the rare situations where you do not want
what the system thinks its hostname is.

-Brandon Gillespie

PGP signature