[Coldstuff] anyone want to help with creating a 3D cold

Frank Crowell frankc@maddog.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 14:14:56 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C18BBC.32BDDA20

I need someone to help me understand what it would take to =
integrate/enhance a cold server to work with an ongoing server emulation =
project. The project is open source and already has working servers.  =
The objective is to look at the world and zone servers and determing =
what and how the cold server could replace the zone servers and maybe =
even the world server.  Since there is already a reference model, it's =
fairly easy to determine if the cold conversion matches the existing =
servers.

This means I am looking for someone that can:

- read and code in C
-at least read C++ code; write C++ would be nice too
-knows or can learn some basic Mysql stuff
-fairly well understands the cold server and how to add functions to the =
server (C code)

Currently the servers run on Unix and MSWindows, although the Unix port =
is lagging behind the MSWindows.

If you are interested in getting involved with this project send mail to =
frankc@maddog.com.  I am not the project manager for the emulation =
project, I am just an interested person.=20

Meanwhile happy holidays and the year 2002 just has to be better than =
2001.

frank

P.S. If you were on my mail list vworlds-biz, the list is now dead =
thanks to Verio and their view of what they consider good service.  I =
will be reviving some form of this list in early 2002 as soon as I =
figure out what I am going to do for computer services.

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C18BBC.32BDDA20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I need someone to help me understand what it would =
take to=20
integrate/enhance a cold server to work with an ongoing server emulation =

project. The project is open source and already has working =
servers.&nbsp; The=20
objective is to look at the world and zone servers and determing what =
and how=20
the cold server could replace the zone servers and maybe even the world=20
server.&nbsp; Since there is already a reference model, it's fairly easy =
to=20
determine if the cold conversion matches the existing =
servers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This means I am looking for someone that =
can:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-&nbsp;read and code in C</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-at least read C++ code; write C++ would be nice=20
too</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-knows or can learn some basic Mysql =
stuff</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-fairly well understands the cold server and how to =
add=20
functions to the server (C code)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Currently the servers run on Unix and MSWindows, =
although the=20
Unix port is lagging behind the MSWindows.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If you are interested in getting involved with this =
project=20
send mail to <A =
href=3D"mailto:frankc@maddog.com">frankc@maddog.com</A>.&nbsp; I=20
am not the project manager for the emulation project, I am just an =
interested=20
person.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Meanwhile happy holidays and the year 2002 just has =
to be=20
better than 2001.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>frank</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><STRONG>P.S</STRONG>. If you were on my mail list =
vworlds-biz,=20
the list is now dead thanks to Verio and their view of what they =
consider good=20
service.&nbsp; I will be reviving some form of this list in early 2002 =
as soon=20
as I figure out what I am going to do for computer=20
services.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C18BBC.32BDDA20--