[Coldstuff] Running Cold under MacOS X

Jon Callas jon@callas.org
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:34:30 -0700

I haven't built it under OSX, but here are some hints:

In /usr/libexec/ there are two config files -- config.guess and config.sub.
Copy them to your main build directory, replacing the ones that are there.
These will make ./configure work better, and may make all your problems go
away.

You can also try putting in the option to cc of -traditional-cpp and that
may work.

If you are having more problems, get
<http://mirror.tenon.com/XtoolsManual.pdf>. This is the manual for Tenon's
Xtools, which is their X windows for OSX (which I highly recommend, by the
bye). Chapter 7 in it is about porting unix applications to OSX and has the
previous suggestions I gave, along with a lot more and instructions on how
to get shared libraries working, and on and on and on.

	Jon