[Coldstuff] Running Cold under MacOS X

Peter Bengtson peter.bengtson@noteheads.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:02:57 +0200

Bruce Mitchener wrote:

> modify the code and rename task_info, task_resume and task_suspend to
> something else. :)

Thanks, Bruce. It worked, though a little care is needed when modifying
the token tables. Got it up and running very easily after that.

That taken care of, and having read the online documentation - where
does one begin to learn about programming the system? I can't find a
description or really useful tutorial. I'm very familiar with
object-oriented systems (Common Lisp, etc), and the programming language
I suppose explains itself, but where do I find information about how
Cold is organised, and how a virtual community is created? How do I
simplify the login process, how do I interface to HTTP, how do I create
objects such as bulletin boards, post offices. Where are the foundation
objects listed? Etc, etc, ...

        / Peter