[Coldstuff] (RFC) Object Flag Idea

Michael Henry coldstuff@cold.org
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:51:06 -0700

This is my first post, and I have only read the most recent
(2001-2002) list archive.  Don't get too upset at me if
this topic had been covered already.

Ive been mucking about in the ColdCore and Driver, and thought
that it might be useful to create an additional object flag in
the driver.  Non-Persist.

If this flag was set on an object, it would never be written
to disk.

It would be useful for session specific objects, such as
connection objects.

Lets say you run a large scale server you would:
  - Not have to write EVERY active connection to disk.
    (less IO and space utilization)

  - Not have to delete stale connection objects on boot.
    (Quicker reboots upon a crash)

It does not seem like a hard patch, but would it be useful?

Anyway, that was my 3.14159 cents.

Mike - "derMike"