[Coldstuff] A couple questions, possibly related.

Brad Roberts coldstuff@cold.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:30:03 -0800 (PST)

Given the size of a coldc object on disk, anyone overflowing 2.1 billion
objects is going to have one HELL of a huge binary/objects file.

Minimum size of an object on disk is 256 bytes.  So, 2.1 * 256 * 1.1
(assuming 10% slack, probably too high but work with me here) leads to 591
gig file.

If anyone approachs the limit, lemee know.  I could use another case study
for how well genesis scales.

Later,
Brad