[Coldstuff] Network questions

Jonathan Robertson coldstuff@cold.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:46:35 -0800 (PST)

Ok Genesis Gods.

One last quick question for you I'm sure.  I'm running
slackware, currently 2.2.19 kernel.  If I setup my
ipchains to block everything but port 1138 nobody can
log in and occasionally there would be a very small
amount of data that went across another port.  I don't
remember which port but I could find out if I need to.
 And do you have any recommendations on a firewall for
the server the core is running on?  I plan on putting
it behind what was previously called VelociRaptor, now
Symantec Enterprise Firewall Appliance, but until
then... just want to keep it as secure as possible.

Jonathan
Aeternity
"I can see clearly now, the brains are gone."