[Coldstuff] Errors upon making Genesis.

Robert Bradley coldstuff@cold.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:21:20 -0700

I had the same problem with mandrake 8.1, creating a symbolic ling to
gdbm.h fixed the problem for me and allowed me to compile it.  Execute
"ln -s /usr/include/gdbm/gdbm.h /usr/include/gdbm.h" and it should work
fine for you.  I submitted a patch to Bruce which fixes configure,
however the make process still chokes on it, so there is probably still
something that needs to be patched in the Makefile.  Hope this helps.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: cold-coldstuff-admin@cold.org
[mailto:cold-coldstuff-admin@cold.org] On Behalf Of Michael Henry
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 11:05 AM
To: coldstuff@cold.org
Subject: Re: [Coldstuff] Errors upon making Genesis.

Michael Henry wrote:
> If you notice in the make file, the second option is -lgdbm:
>   LIBS=-lintl -lgdbm -lsocket -lm -lnsl

Oy, stupid me for trying to help before my first cup of coffee.

>From the configure file:
if eval "test \"`echo '$ac_cv_header_ndbm_h'`\" = yes"; then
    cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF
#define DBM_H_FILE <ndbm.h>
EOF
elif eval "test \"`echo '$ac_cv_header_db1_ndbm_h'`\" = yes"; then
    echo "** working around odd placement of ndbm.h file"
    cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF
#define DBM_H_FILE <db1/ndbm.h>
EOF
elif eval "test \"`echo '$ac_cv_header_gdbm_ndbm_h'`\" = yes"; then
    echo "** working around odd placement of ndbm.h file"
    cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF
#define DBM_H_FILE <gdbm-ndbm.h>
EOF
else
The same troubleshooting should apply. However.  Library paths are
a common problem with linking failures.

You should probably get GDBM anyway.  Its tiny and more functional than
ndbm :-)

sorry for lack of brains this morning.

Mike - "derMike"