[Coldstuff] More suggestions

Matthijs van Duin matthijs@cds.nl
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:46:17 +0100

>Checkout pow() in coldc :)

Yes.. ?

>It currently only supports floats, so for the int ops you would have
>to do a tofloat() first.

Umm, no, for ints you'd change the check to allow ints :-)

toint(pow(tofloat(x), tofloat(y)) isn't integer exponentiation

pow(99.0, 99.0) is something along the lines of ~inf
pow(99, 99) is 3762844539 exactly, because of the usual integer-wrapping

pow(FLOAT,INT) doesn't add extra functionality, but it is faster than
pow(FLOAT,FLOAT), or it should be at least.

>There are alto other mathmatical functions of this caliber in
>ops/math.c and they are explained in in coldcore at:
>?coldc>function>numeric>math

Most however really don't apply to integers

>You can call both objnum() to retrieve the number and objname() to
>retrive the name.

OK, that makes sense.

>It does exist.  Look in $root.add_flag(), the code even says:

Oops, I made a typo here. I meant methods.
I know it exists for objects, but I meant methods.

For example: http://www.nubz.org/method_meta.cold.txt

>  > 8. [ColdCore] There should be some way for programmers to get a list
>  > of tasks that are under their controls. So, a programmer-level @tasks
>  > and @kill
>
>Sounds like a great idea, feel free to writeup something :)

I will

  - xmath

Matthijs van Duin     (NOTE: PGP key has changed!)
- PGP Key: 0x2D6F0BA7   <finger://pgp@hmvd.cds.nl> -
- FP: 205D F7BA FFAD 9070 AB9E  C5A8 BDB0 CA1B 2D6F 0BA7 -