[Coldstuff] ColdRPC Layer 2

xmath xmath@nubz.org
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 00:51:55 +0100

I've gone a bit ahead and written a draft on ColdRPC-L2, the layer on
top of ColdRPC (L1) which handles "feature" management etc.

http://www.nubz.org/ColdRPC-L2.txt

it's not even a decently finished draft, but it should already give a
proper "feel" of what I had in mind.

Note that in many cases where it seems I'm using objects or so (like
the "consoles" of the console-feature) they're more likely actually
frobs, although sometimes they may be actual objects (or maybe waifs
when they're implemented). This is up to the implementation:
whichever is most convenient will be used.

Note also that the client must be able to create "objects", as
console handlers etc. The most convenient for most applications would
probably to allocate ids, perhaps multiple ranges for different kinds
of objects. ColdRPC allows for objects to be referred to by number,
so that would work.

Feedback welcome as usual

  - xmath