[Coldstuff] Random plans and needs

Bruce Mitchener bruce@cubik.org
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:39:09 -0700

In the short term future, I've got a few things in mind with respect to
a release schedule for Genesis and some things that I could use some
help with.

First up is a release of 1.2.0 which contains work that Brad and I have
done over the last 3 years.  It is a rewrite of many core components of
Genesis and performs significantly better in some areas as well as
having a smaller on-disk footprint for the compiled database.  A full
changelog will be posted at the time of release.  I'm currently
expecting to do that sometime next week. (I have some stuff to do on it
before a release and it takes time that is a little bit tight at the
moment.)

Next up will be Genesis 1.1.11 with any patches that I missed for 1.1.10
that are suitable for inclusion.  It will also include support for
MSVC++ compilation.

Finally, the state of the documentation must improve.  Anyone who can
file substantial bugs with detailed information (so not "the docs suck")
about particular flaws, errors and shortcomings in the documentation
would be appreciated.  I'm personally mainly interested in that for
ColdC rather than ColdCore (since I don't use ColdCore).  I'll be
working through some of the bugs and fixing them, but would also
appreciate any help on that front that people might want to provide.

Feel free to post with any thoughts on this.

  - Bruce