[Coldstuff] To all cold admins out there: bug fixes

Brandon Gillespie coldstuff@cold.org
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:02:44 -0700

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 01:17:47AM +0100, xmath wrote:
> >4. There are problems with changing the parents of an object. I'll
> >give a fix as soon as I've figured out what exactly goes wrong and
> >how to fix it.
>
> Found it, in $root.chparents:
>
>        //     $sys.clear_definer_vars(a, branch);
>        $sys.clear_definer_vars(a, [this()]);
>
> Why is the first line commented out? it IS the correct action
>
> the uncommented line leaves variable instances lying around that are
> annoyingly difficult to get rid of. (at the very least you need to
> chparent back)

Cleaning ancestry when changing objects has always been a problem,
primarily because of MI.  It has been a while since this debate last
reigned, you should be able to dig it out of the archives...  I think
Brian's code was a result of the last round of debates, as for if it
works properly or not I cannot say, you should try to catch Brian.  I
would not recommend uncommenting it without first checking with Brian
and reading the archives.

-Brandon