[Coldstuff] Advisory: Security hole with ColdCore

Brad Roberts coldstuff@cold.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:05:27 -0800 (PST)

What permissions does the user have to have to exploit?  In other words,
does it require $guest, $user, $builder, $programmer?  Can it be exploited
remotely via the default services (http, smtp, etc)?

These sorts of things are useful to properly weigh the risk and urgency of
obtaining the fix.  There's probably other questions worth asking, but you
get the point.  Its possible to provide some detail other than "you've got
a problem, see me for a fix" without giving out the gory details.

Later,
Brad