[Coldstuff] ColdHell

Frank Crowell coldstuff@cold.org
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:36:57 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pat Moroney" <PatM@lstrat.com>
To: <coldstuff@cold.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 2:36 PM
Subject: RE: [Coldstuff] ColdHell

> Hey how come I'm not listed there?
> I wouldn't mind my code being open source.
> I don't remember most of it. But I think my MOB handling was quite nice.
> And probably very unconventional.
>
> -Pat Moroney "Lestat"

Actually your name would have popped up because I have seen it in the
database files.

But you illustrate the problem that LambdaMOO ran into when they tried to
figure who owned what part of the LambdaMOO core.  That's why in later years
the LamdbaMOO server was relicensed to appease the Xerox lawyers but the
core was always left as "indeterminate".

I don't remember the mechanics of your mob handling either, except I
remember a time when I returned to my server after I had been gone for
several days.  Apparently my character had stayed active and one of my
wandering mobs kept finding me and fighting me. By the time I logged back in
I had a huge negative number for hps.

frank