[Coldstuff] ColdHell

Adam Cormany coldstuff@cold.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

I've never seen the LPMUD/MUDOS/Lima directory
structures. I'm assuming(hoping) everyone has some
sort of UNIX knowledge on here, so basically I made a
root directory(/), from there I have /home, /socials,
/spells, /classes(not used yet), /help, /races(not
used yet). In /home, I have /home/a -> /home/z and
then users have their directories under the
appropriate directory(ie: /home/s/soth) where they can
create rooms, mobiles, objects, etc if they're a
builder. I have the basics for permissions, minus
execution rights, so it's drwrwrw instead. I have a
handful of the typical UNIX basic commands(ls, cd, cp,
mv, rm, mkdir, rmdir, touch, uptime, pwd, date, umask,
etc etc). It's still very much work in progress.
Everything works pretty well, except 'ls' is a bit
slow in directories with 200+ files, but that can be
resolved I think.

As far as the speed issue. I think a lot of it has to
do with the way I'm trying to handle mobile movements.
That's why I'm going to look at ColdHell so I can try
to get a different view on it all.

I'm in the process of moving 2 apartments(mine and
fiance) into 1 large apartment. Once my system is back
up, I'll have more time to look at ColdHell and try to
get my stuff moving forward, and if people are curious
to see my stuff or even help, they're welcome to. I
have been writing this on my own for a couple years
and would love some help if someone is interested.

Adam