[Coldstuff] ColdHell

Frank Crowell coldstuff@cold.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:43:03 -0700

Now back to the original question:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon A. Lambert" <jlsysinc@ix.netcom.com>
To: "Coldstuff@Cold. Org" <coldstuff@cold.org>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 11:10 PM
Subject: [Coldstuff] ColdHell

> Does anyone know what the license restrictions are on the
> ColdHell database?

Very likely it will be going Open Source soon.  I am willing to pull the
pieces together and prepare ColdHell for archiving at cold.org, however I am
just a volunteer at this point.  People have to tell me what they want and I
will help make it happen.

> Anyways I've run into a few people who've expressed an interest
> in "Cold things" and want to tell them whether they'd be wasting
> their time with this or not.  They aren't commercial people
> either, but still.  Anyone have any info on it?  Docs?  Slides?
> Comments? Forensics? blah blah?

I am sure that ColdHell will be "as-is" and right now there doesn't seem to
be any plans for further development.  I have some notes on how to build
things in ColdHell -- but it may take me a long time to find them.  I have
working versions of ColdHell, but I don't know if the one at cold.org
matches the ones that I have.

One option is that ColdHell will be updated with the Open Source license and
credits and then just archived. Or I may look at it again and create a
branch at SourceForge.

frank