[Coldstuff] Re: Bytecoded language speed

Mike O'Brien coldstuff@cold.org
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:13:26 -0700

Someone said:

 > > I saw the death of Gods Net (if I remember the name correctly) on
 > > LambdaMOO die because it was too much for the server.

	To set the record straight, I saw a posting from one of the
admins who said that the GodNet was shut down because it became
too much for the admins.  They wanted a life back.

	The GodNet was indeed a remarkable achievement, too little
noted or remembered today.  A friend of mine said it was the only
MUD she ever played on which she remembered not as a game, but
as a place she used to visit.