[Coldstuff] Spanish ColdMUD

coldstuff@cold.org coldstuff@cold.org
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 18:09:48 -0500

OK, this is not for me, this is on behalf of my wife. :)

First: does anyone know of any Spanish-Language ColdMUDs out
there?

Second: assuming the answer is "no", would anyone be interested
in working on a translation of ColdCore into Spanish?

Third: who would we need to ask for permission to do this?

My wife (whom I met through a MU*!) has been bilingual for about
13 years now, and she enjoys visiting the various Spanish MU*s
out there. However, alot of them use older tech, and she is
unaware of any Spanish-language ColdMUDs.  So, she has
decided to put a core together and release it, if she can.  She is
willing to provide the bulk of the Spanish resources if she can find
someone with the knowhow (and the time!) to assist her with
changing things over.  For instance, @go would become @ir.

As a very tentative "schedule", "FrioCore" would run something like
so:

Version 1.x: All commands available up to Builder level available in
Spanish, basic documentation in Spanish.  Programmer and above
would require that the user be bilingual, as a general rule.

Version 2.x: ColdC documentation made available in Spanish,
although ColdC itself would not change.  Programmer and Admin
commands would be in Spanish by this time.

Version x.x: Migration of ColdC into a Spanish-language variant,
assuming such exists?  We don't know how Spanish Coders work
in C, and we would do better to put this in the hands of some
Hispanic Geeks and let them have fun with it!

If you are interested, and if you can give us the go-ahead to modify
and re-release ColdCore as FrioCore, please email her at

dianna1@softhome.net

Thanks.

Eric Jordan

on behalf of Jane Jordan