[Coldstuff] ColdDark Instant Crash

Brad Roberts coldstuff@cold.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:00:25 -0800 (PST)

I spent some time trying to reproduce this tonight both with 1.1.9a
(basically 1.1.9 with some of the patches that went in to 1.1.10) and with
the 1.2.x code that Bruce and I have been working on.  No go.. I couldn't
make emote crash.  I asked derMike to also try to crash both versions and
he was unable to also.  I'm going to need more info on this.. a stack
trace would be nice, access to a machine with the genesis binary, the
source it was built from and core from an actual incident of the crash
would be even better.  Heck, a patch to fix the crash would be just dandy
too, while I'm dreaming.

Anyway.. I'd love to fix this but need more info since so far I'm not
seeing the crash.

Thanks,
Brad