[Coldstuff] Re: Win32 release of Genesis 1.1.10

Chris Peters coldstuff@cold.org
Sun, 5 May 2002 00:34:04 -0400

Eric,

Winmail.dat is a binary file that sometimes accompanies email from users of
Microsoft mail clients such as Outlook.  I don't know what's in it, but it's
harmless, and isn't a virus, especially when you consider that it is a data
file, not an executable.

On another note, I'd like everyone to know that I've got Robert Bradley's
binary for Windows up and running nicely on a Windows 2k Advanced Server
platform, using the ColdCore 3.1.  Unfortunately, I had to rewrite a few
issues with the $wearable object and some other things, but it's running
smoothly otherwise.

I suppose I'll have to figure out how to implement that regexp patch next.

Thanks Robert!

~Chris