[Coldstuff] ColdC IDE?

B. Jack coldstuff@cold.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 15:47:20 -0700

> > Hi, I wanted to know what seems to be the most common development setup
>for
> > ColdC/Genesis.  Specifically are there any editing tools so one could
>edit
> > their code offline and then have it added to the db later? (mmm.. I
>guess
> > should mention that I lean towards tools/editors in linux)
> >
> > Or, does everyone always just do their editing from within the coldcore
> > environment?
> >
> > I'm just starting out and getting familiar with Genesis/ColdC.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff

My Anime Mayhem core implements a  web based administration interface which
includes a method editor.  To edit code of the method you'd use the object
browser tab to find the object with the method to change, then click on the
method name which opens up a form with a textedit to modify the code in the
method editor tab (my admin interface is implemented like a tab control).

It works fairly well provided your web browser gives you suitable text
editing facilities which konqueror (the one I use) does.