[Coldstuff] genesis 1.1.11-pre1

Jeremy Weatherford coldstuff@cold.org
Fri, 24 May 2002 20:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

I added basic MySQL client support (single connect per driver and exec) to
Genesis about a year ago.  I don't know what the status of that code is
right now.  It wasn't a huge project, in any case.

I'm starting on more comprehensive PostgreSQL support now.  I'm not
worried about performance with this implementation, because the support is
currently only for a single-user web-app with more need for persistence
than volume in data storage.  I will try to handle multiple connections in
a sane manner, though -- either with descriptors or by binding them to
objects.  Hmm... probably descriptors.

If you're interested in the MySQL code, which I assume still works, let me
know.  It's a hackish 133-line module meant to be linked with
-lmysqlclient.  Last tested with 1.1.9-STABLE.

Jeremy Weatherford
xidus@xidus.net
http://xidus.net