On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Brandon Gillespie wrote:

|Is anything contained in driver.log?
|
|I would recommend leaving out one argument at a time until it does
|work, then let me know which argument (or combination of arguments) is
|causing the problem.  Also verify that everything is valid--all
|directories exist and have write permissions to them.  Same with the
|usernames.  BTW,  you could probably leave the hostname definition out
|(-n).  It only exists for the rare situations where you do not want
|what the system thinks its hostname is.

|-Brandon Gillespie

	No driver.log remains empty.  Since the logs aren't even being
used, if I rename the log directory and make genesis default to
stdout, and stderr here is what I get:

minna:~/mud/cold/lib$ ./genesis -f
Unable to open log logs/db.log: No such file or directory
Defaulting to stdout..
Unable to open log logs/driver.log: No such file or directory
Defaulting to stderr..
genesis pid: 652
Binary database free space: 6.49%
Segmentation fault

	If I let genesis fork, I see no output, and the only log that gets
written to is genesis.run which has the process ID .. but the process has
presumably seg faulted, since it does not show up in ps.

	-V. Twilight ;.,