On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 10:50:10PM -0700, Vampyr Twilight wrote:

> 	If I let genesis fork, I see no output, and the only log that gets
> written to is genesis.run which has the process ID .. but the process has
> presumably seg faulted, since it does not show up in ps.
>
> 	-V. Twilight ;.,

asks for what compile flags to use make sure -g is included.  Then
recompile.  If you already did include -g, all the better--do not
bother recomipling.

When you have a binary with the debug symbols intact (what the -g
does), run it under a debugger.  To use gdb do:

    ~> gdb genesis
    [stuff is printed, wait for the (gdb) prompt]
    (gdb) set args -f
    (run)
    [more stuff]
     Segmentation Violation
    (gdb) bt

The 'bt' command will show a stack trace where the segfault occurred.
Go ahead and send this to me (privately) and we'll see what is
happening from there.

-Brandon

PGP signature