Re: discussion notes

I had also earlier suggested to Dave that we use the one bit of
information we have (who initiated the connection) to break the
symmetry between the two parties around naming. (I seem to recall
he argued against it, but I dont remember now why..) Instead of
"C" and "S", which are somewhat loaded (what is a client? what is
a server?)  I suggest using just "I" and "R" for initiator and
responder ... in the context of the connection being created that
is enough to disambiguate the two ends.