Unsupported message behaviour...

 > I guess I'd like to know which of these extremes of competence
 > people think a client should exhibit.

well, the spec says 'reasonably non-intrusive'.  this is pretty
intentionally vague.  the spec can't do UI design, really, so i'd like
to allow as much latitude as possible in handling unknown messages.
so, i guess my answer is 'any of those'.  if your users don't kill you
for spraying weird #$# garbage all over their screen, you're pretty
much ok.  the critical thing about the handling of errors is that they
NOT cause the client to cease processing MCP requests, or leave the
system in a state where the user has to clean up the aftermath.

i'm _least_ comfortable with the 'enter handler script name' bit.
dialog boxes are pretty intrusive, especially if they require user
input.

in other news, after talking with jay and ken this weekend, i'm
thinking about #$#MCP-protocol-end again.  this message would end the
negotiation phase.  i'm not terribly happy with it, mostly because i
really want to keep dynamic loading as a possibility, but i don't have
a strong enough case to make to fight adding it, i think.

any objections, then, to adding #$#mcp-protocol-end?
				dk