Re: sigh... really, i'm not dead.

> > With this addition, one could implement an MCP parser that always
> > returns an MCP object, and the MCP object for a text line would have
> > text-line as its request and a text argument.
>
> couldn't you do this without the message?  just have your parser
> fall-through on messages not beginning with '#$#' to create a
> 'non-mcp text line' MCP object?

FWIW, I sort of like John's idea of a reserved request name that
stands for "not an MCP message".  My only qualm is that the MOO
implementation is a little bit tricky.  Assuming somebody actually
USES the #$#text-line message, the MCP dispatcher has to use
force_input() to get the regular server parser to deal with the line.
I guess that's not so bad, it just feels vaguely like voodoo.

I don't know if other existing parsers would have to go through
contortions to handle both #$#text-line and non-MCP lines the same
way.  I can imagine such parsers might exist.

--Erik