[ADMIN] hey, it just occurred to me you might all care:

here's the post i sent to moocows last night:

From: Dave Kormann <davek@research.att.com>
Sender: owner-moo-cows@the-b.org
To: moo-cows@the-b.org
Subject: RFC and announcement: MCP 2.1
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 19:24:46 -0400 (EDT)

hihihihi.

This is an announcement and request for comments on, and participation
in, the development of version 2.1 of MCP, the MOO Client Protocol.  MCP
is a standard format and architecture for out-of-band messaging
between MUD clients and servers, based on the #$# syntax in
lambdaMOO.  A small group of dedicated protocol geeks has been slaving
away over a hot BNF grammar for the past few months, and we'd like to
expand the discussion a little bit to include the members of
moocows.  if you're interested, check out the current draft of the
specification at

<URL http://www.research.att.com/~davek/mcp2.html>

also there is an archive of the mailing list, which we invite you to
join if you're interested in participating in the discussion.  even if
you don't want to join the mailing list, please feel free to take a
look at the spec and send comments to

mcp-dev@research.att.com

right now, the mailing list subscriptions are maintained by a human
being; if you'd like to be added, send mail to

eostrom@research.att.com

like i said, be polite, he's a human.

we're especially interested in hearing from core and client
developers; we'd like this version of MCP to be as widely supported as
possible, to maximize the interoperability between clients and
servers.
				dk
			like i said, he's a human.