Re: [PROPOSAL] identifiers are like identifiers in programs

Sounds okay to me--although, of course, what you're proposing is not
so much "like in programs" as a sort of least common denominator of
the whole world of programming languages.  Note to implementers:  One
effect of this is to separate "ident" (used in message and argument
names) from "unquoted string" (used in data tags, auth keys, and
argument values).  Is this the right division?  Should some of those
unquoted strings be idents instead?  Should we give up and just quote
all strings?  I don't care.

--Erik