RE: [EDITS] special values

> In the description for multiline values:
>
>   If there are any multiline values, the message must include a
>   keyword named _data-tag. This, in combination with the value's
>   keyword, will be used to flag subsequent lines. Data tags are
>   case-sensitive (implementations must not vary the case of any
>   alphabetic characters in the tag between the _data-tag: argument
>   and the multiline value, or within the multiline value itself),
>   and may be any string of characters matching the <ident>
>   nonterminal in the MCP grammar.
>
> The value associated with _data-tag: should be either a <value> or
> an <unquoted-string>.  A use of a <value> makes the syntax more
> regular.

If the syntax allows _data-tag: <value>, then there needs to be an
explicit proviso that any <value> for a _data_tag: key be representable
as an unquoted string.  Clients would also be implicitly required to be
able to deal with

  #$#cmd 1237625 foo*: "" _data-tag: "666"
  #$#* 666 foo: first line of foo
  #$#: 666

(note the quotes around 666 in the first line).  My take:

  If there are any multiline values, the message must include a
  keyword named _data-tag.  This, in combination with the multiline