Re: [DISC] Escaping #$#

> I wrote:
> > I vote for putting this in the spec (although I'm not too fond of #$" as
> > the actual prefix), and also implementing it in the MOO server.  I'll talk
> > to the server maintainer about this soon--I have lunch with him on Monday.
>
> Well, I talked to the server maintainer on the phone, and HE thinks
> that actually out-of-band/in-band decisions should be made entirely
> in the database (in #0:do_command()).  I still want it in the spec,
> though.

I don't want OOB quoting specified in MCP 2.1.  We don't have any
experience with this and there isn't an available server that
contains the solution we pulled out of a hat in the last month.  I
don't want to block correct MCP implementations on a new MOO server
release given that sweeping this issue under the rug has not, for the
most part, bitten any actual implementations.

Yes, I fully understand this issue must be resolved for correctness.
We should make note of this in the spec and claim that the next rev
will resolve it.

Jay