Re: official release

   Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 14:21:57 -0500
   From: "Jay A. Carlson" <nop@kagoona.mitre.org>

   > but i _really_ don't think
   > that being able to use the MOO reader or cutting a very small branch
   > out of the BNF really buys us anything against that.

   It gets us a single, unified syntax for all out-of-band messages
   we're going to send.  A client is allowed to lex an input line

True, and that is a point in its favor. But the advantage of not
having to slashify output from some data-source is considerable
too. Its not *necessary* to do this... so why put it in?

   without worrying about what the message type is, in the MCP 1.0 sense.

   Speaking of which, with quoted multiline bodies, all of MCP 2.1's
   productions are valid MCP 1.0 messages.

   Jay