Re: two minor pet peeves

>I agree entirely about "player" vs. "user".

I'm not arguing this as something that we should address before the spec
goes out.

My problem with "user" is that there's a real physical user of the system
out there somewhere (well, we HOPE) and talking about their representation
or some part of their connection to the system as "user" means we have to
spend a lot of time trying to disambiguate.

The usual disaster example is where you have a class called User.  Somebody
says "and then the user does this" and you have to ask "did you say user or
User?"

"player" can be hijacked to mean "the thing in the system participating as
me, virtually".

Jay