multiline value etc

I vote against making this change for version 2.1 for the following
reasons:

  * adding new features always slows us down.  pleeeeease, let's stop.
  * i'd like to leave the multiline value slot open for future use,
    after we have more experience using 2.1.
  * i don't implement it anyway. :-)

A client and server can use the value to indicate number of lines (or
anything else) by "private agreement", and you can let us know how it
all works out.  Then when we reconvene for mcp 3.0, we can discuss the
matter again.

--Erik