[mcp-negotiate] spec and implementation Qs...

Hi,

I'm new to MCP, I just read the specs for 2.1 and a couple of questions
occured to me:

>To avoid some of the significant potential race conditions lurking in
>package negotiation, implementations are not permitted to block on
>receipt of an mcp-negotiate-end message before sending mcp-negotiate-can
> messages for packages they support. Implementations are permitted to
>block on receipt of mcp-negotiate-end before making use of a package for
[...]

What do you mean by 'to block'?

>This permits an implementation to "prefer" some packages over others
>which support similar, but more limited, functionality.

Couldn't this lead to some deadlock where each host wait for the other to
send the list of the packages it supports before to reply (according to its
preferences?)

Richard