Re: gah, local editing

--- Dave Kormann a ecrit:

> ok, i had completely missed richard godard's proposal for local
> editing.

BTW those specs have been refined since posted here. But since I didn't got much feedback on mcp-dev I didn't spam people with the update.

The updated specs are at:

http://tecfa.unige.ch:7778/objbrowse/&mcp_janus_edit

> problems with that.  also, my system suffers exactly the same
> update/consistency problems as janus', which erik complained about.

I still keep thinking the update/consistency problem is tricky and will most likely require core changes, hence a non-trivial installation, which I believe is beyond the scope of a simple local editing. I fully agree with Erik that an Edit Package That Does The Right Thing (with sessions and all) has to be done, but I think that's another project.

Hopefully there is room for two edit package (mcp-rawedit and mcp-edit?)

Janus