Greetings, all.

I have a bit of a problem that I kinna get resolved myself, mainly because I don't quite understand /what/ the problem is, nor where it is caused.

I'm trying to split the functionality of $body and $user into two separate descendancy trees.  However, whenever I remove $body as a parent of $body, in any way whatsoever, my command input interface dies.  pop3, smtp and http still works, and I can login, but after login none of my input works, though I still receive output (mail notifications, etc.)

Does anybody have any suggestions on why this might be occurring?  I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be connected the command parsing system, but I still don't understand all the technicalities involved with that either, so for the moment, I'm stumped.

TIA
--
Live long and Prosper

Henry Swanepoel                | Office: +27 11 489 2634
Network Admin, RAU Engineering | Cell  : +27 82 497 5489
B2 Lab 215, Cybernetics Lab    | ICQ#  : 52019487
hs@eng.rau.ac.za               | surek@iname.com