> "B. French" wrote:
>
> I've never had any experience in developing a MUD nor doing any serious
> programming. I was just wondering if there's a version of Genesis (if that's
> what I'd even need to start with) that works on WindowsME, how big it is, and
> if you folks would permit me to use it, strictly for personal use in
> experimentation in developing a virtual enviornment. I've been playing The
> Eternal City for about a year now, and in light of the rumor that it'll be
> shutting down, I'd like to begin persuing the possiblility of creating one of
> my own. Thanks in Advance.
> befrenc@earthlink.net

I happen to have a copy of genesis and coldcc compiled for Win32 console.
They're version 1.1.8, but that's all I can really say about them. I'm pretty
sure they're unpatched apart from Win32-fixes, though.

Reading doc/Win32-INSTALL should be enough to let anybody compile Genesis under
Win32 so long as you have Borland C++ 5. There are a few caveats, search the
archives for this list to find them.

In any event, I am willing to upload a 300k zip file containing genesis.exe and
coldcc.exe to one or two places; I don't want to mail it around because my
bandwidth is slightly constrained.

If you want anything else contained in the original tarball, download the
original tarball. You'll probably also want to download a core. Both are
available from ftp.cold.org.

So, if anybody wants them up on some FTP site, mail me; I'll mail this list
again if there are any takers.

(there shouldn't be much traffic from this, I had it on my own FTP site for
several months and nobody downloaded it)

As for "permission to use", see doc/COPYRIGHT for copyright and licensing
information.