Kris Anderson wrote:

> You do the page stuff through the CML text.  But just a hint so you don't
> drive yourself nuts trying to figure it out, the interface is one way.
> If you were expecting it to be a two way thing, it's not. hehehe.

This is true if you want that to show up as
http://ice.cold.org:1180/bin/describe?target=$note_49 does.

If the question was about how to do something entirely different, like
http://ice.cold.org:1180/foobar and to have some object generate the
HTML and handle requests for that page, then that's a very different
process and I'd have to remember a lot to explain what needs to be done.
  Let me know if that's the case and I'll try to post a summary this
weekend or something.

> You probaby could make your own mods the the whole thing and make it
> so it acts two way though.  I noticed that if you point your web browser
> to the normal port you would telnet to it gets the logon screen.  You
> might be able to create a frame that has a text box that sends the submission
> to Cold and have it think you typed it from a normal telnet session.

It shouldn't be hard to just write code on the web server that would run
commands or whatever.  You shouldn't try to point the web browser at the
login port. :)

- Bruce