Re: MCP 2.1

> In a multiline message why should it be necessary to declare the
> key/value pairs that are to follow in additional lines to come?

my first reaction is that this makes it easy to set up your receiving
structure as soon as you get the line that introduces the message.
i.e., after you get this:

>   #$#jdr-text 123 file: bing/bong text*: "" _data-tag: abc

you know exactly how many fields there will be in the message, and you
can prepare for it accordingly.

i was also going to make a claim that this is what tells you whether
or not you need to wait around for an #$#END tag, but i suppose that
the presence of a _data-tag: argument could be said to determine that.