Well I haven't tried this for awhile...

Cold will compile on Win/98 and Win/2K under Borland C++ 5.5
(the free command-line compiler tool)

It won't compile cleanly though.  You have to screw around with
a few things.

----------------------
I followed the old instructions in the doc directory for windows
installation.  Except I did the part on would normally do on Linux
on windows with the cygwin tools.

The macro expansions in NATIVE_METHOD(strcmp) which affects cdc.c,
cdc_string.c, moddef.h and COLDC_FUNC(strcmp) which affects opcodes.c
and string.c do not expand correctly.  Something special about strcmp
now?  Anyway I just renamed the functions to NATIVE_METHOD(str_cmp),
etc.

The "make win32" step does not setup the config.h file properly.
You have to add VERSION_RELEASE "1.1.9" or whatever is supposed
to go there to the file.

The grammar.c file generated by bison needs to have #include<alloca.h>
commented out and since defs.h pulls in parse.h, the YYSTYPE definition
must be commented out, or a check for grammar.c should be put in defs.h.
-----------------------------

I've included a makefile and what the config.h file should look like.

The regression tests ran correctly, and the latest coldcore compiled
and ran successfully.  :-)

BTW... You can get a newer version of the gdbm library for windows
off the local download page on my website below.

--
--* Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD        Email:jlsysinc@ix.netcom.com *--
--* Mud Server Developer's Page <http://tychomud.home.netcom.com> *--

Makefile