whether multilines?

dave wrote:
>if so, i propose we make a requirement that any implementation which
>does _not_ implement multilines not use the #$#* and #$#end messages
>for anything ELSE, and that it avoid parameters with '*' at the end of
>their name.

i think this should be implied by the rules for (non-multiline)
message and parameter names.  (i don't know if it is under the current
spec.)

if someone wants to use * or #$#end for something else, i suppose that
by private agreement between client and server they can do so; we
could, i guess, make a statement that this would be a bonehead act.

--erik